Proelio Gran Reserva 2015 new release4 July 2023
The distinguished Peñín Guide 2024 rewards the good work of the wineries of Palacios Vinos de Finca with its ratings. This prestigious publication has awarded 95 points or more to several of the wines from our three wineries.
- With 95 points, Nivarius Finca La Nevera 2018 is a white wine made from Maturana grapes with a bright straw colour. It exudes aromas of white fruit and hints of wild berries, jasmine and flowers. It is a very lively wine in the mouth, tasty, balanced and with a certain persistence.
- With the same points, 95, is Nivarius Valdesabril 2020, described as a white wine made from bright yellow Viura grapes. It has a powerful aroma of ripe fruit, toasted bread and mountain herbs. It has a long, toasty taste on the palate with a fine bitterness.
- Nivarius Edición Limitada 2019 is on the heels of the previous two with 94 points. A white wine made from Maturana and Viura grapes with a characteristic bright yellow colour. Its aroma of spices and dried flowers is very penetrating. It has a long and fresh finish, with a fine bitterness and good acidity.
- The sparkling Lía by Nivarius Pet-Nat received 91 points. This pale pinkish-pink sparkling wine is noted for an elegant floral, red fruit and herbal bouquet according to the publication. The Peñin Guide also describes it as very spicy on the palate, with good acidity and a fine bitterness.
- The same score, 91, has been awarded to Nivarius Tempranillo Blanco 2022. It is portrayed as a bright straw-coloured white wine, with aromas of citrus, ripe fruit, green herbs and dried flowers. In the mouth it is very fresh, fruity and spicy.
The Peñín Guide has awarded Proelio La Canal del Rojo an excellent 96 points. This red wine made from Grenache grapes is described with a garnet cherry colour, expressing a red fruit, floral, spicy and varietal aroma. It has an elongated, savoury, fruity mouthfeel with good acidity.
- Proelio Puerto Rubio 2019 has been awarded 95 points. It is described as a red wine made from cherry-coloured Tempranillo grapes, with an expressive, complex and spicy aroma. On the palate it has a long, persistent and tasty flavour.
- Proelio 2015 Gran Reserva has been rated with 94 points. With a dark cherry colour, this red wine expresses a complex aroma of ripe fruit, woodwork and sweet spices. On the palate it is spicy, long and persistent. A very pleasant wine thanks to its ripe tannins.
- Proelio Vendimia Seleccionada 2019 was awarded 93 points. This wine made from Tempranillo, Garnacha and Graciano is notable for its bright cherry colour. The guide explains that it has an aroma of ripe fruit, candied fruit, sweet spices and dried herbs. It has a pleasant, spicy, long and persistent taste in the mouth.
- Proelio Viñedos Viejos 2020 scored 93 points, the same as the previous wine. However, the publication highlights that its colour is different, not very intense cherry. It expresses a floral aroma of wild herbs. Its flavour in the mouth is fruity, fresh, balanced, tasty and varietal.
- Proelio 2020 Crianza has been rated with 92 points. Its composition of Tempranillo and Garnacha grapes, as well as its cherry colour and an aroma of ripe fruit, dried herbs and creamy oak are pointed out. Its flavour in the mouth is powerful, ripe fruit, spicy, ripe tannins.
The highest scoring wine of our Ribera del Duero appellation was Pico de Luyas 2019 with 95 points. It has been described as a fine cherry-coloured red wine, which stands out for its aromas of woodwork, ripe fruit, fine cocoa, toast and dried herbs. The palate is savoury, spicy and toasty, with dry but ripe tannins.
- The guide has rated Trus Reserva 2018 with 94 points. It is presented as a 100% Tempranillo Reserva red wine with a bright cherry colour. It details that its aromas are of black fruit, ripe fruit, hints of wild berries, spices and fine cocoa. It also highlights that in the mouth it is a tasty, balanced wine with a certain persistence.
- Punto Geodesico 2020 was also awarded 94 points. The publication highlights its aroma of dried herbs, creamy oak, mountain herbs, red fruit and black fruit. It also emphasises a powerful, long and balanced taste of ripe fruit on the palate, with ripe tannins.
- With 93 points, Trus 2020 Crianza expresses a cherry-coloured red wine. In its bouquet we can appreciate mountain herbs and ripe fruit, being spicy in the mouth, with ripe tannins and a good acidity.
- Finally, with 91 points, the Peñín Guide describes Trus 2022 Roble as a wine with a dark cherry colour with a violet rim, with toasted aromas, spicy, black fruit, red fruit and wild herbs. On the palate it is tasty, toasty, fruity, with dry tannins and a fine bitterness.
The excellent Peñín Guide is the undisputed leader in the Spanish wine world, backed by more than 10,000 tastings per year. This prestigious guide, available in Spanish, English, German and Chinese, is the preferred tool for both enthusiasts and experts in their search for the most distinguished Spanish wines. Among them, the outstanding rating given to the exquisite wines of Bodegas Palacios Vinos de Finca stands out. Embark on a journey of exceptional flavours with the Peñín Guide and let yourself be captivated by the unrivalled quality of the wines of Bodegas Palacios Vinos de Finca!